Our primary goal is to expand the collaboration and research of the members of the center, particularly by targeting the production of collaborative articles and grant proposals with other scholars. We also encourage candidates that would build links between UCLouvain and universities that we have not worked with in the past, as well as with junior scholars and postdoctoral fellows.
To that end, we are now soliciting proposals for candidates. If you would like to be considered as a candidate, please submit the following information:
- Name, affiliation, and a copy of a CV (or link to a website)
- A sponsor within the center (faculty, postdoc, or doctoral student), as well as a list of other members of the center who you think you would be most inclined to work with
- A proposal for possible dates of your visit
- A sketch (which can be extremely short) of the kind of work you’d like to produce – a paper you might write together, or a grant proposal you would be interested to prepare
We will seek to cover the full cost of travel and housing, but we may only be able to finance some researchers partially. We encourage applicants to combine our financing with other sources of external funding when possible (and to let us know about such arrangements in the application).
This application should be submitted, via e-mail, directly to your sponsor at the Center, who will work with you to determine if it is suitable, and, if so, will submit it to the Center to be evaluated for funding along with other proposals. All else equal, priority will be given to candidates who fulfill the three goals listed above in clear and concrete ways. Find contact information for your sponsor on our People page.
CEFISES is a bilingual center; we would thus be happy to accept applications from scholars whose primary working language is either French or English.
Special Note: CEFISES is committed to extend its support to scholars displaced or disrupted by the war in Ukraine. We will be engaging in special evaluation of such proposals as soon as they are received, and will seek to match them with further local funding and support when available. This could also entail a longer duration of visit than usual.
Applications will be evaluated three times per year (though see note above). Applicants are requested to submit to the deadline corresponding to their desired dates of stay, though these are not hard-and-fast requirements.
- For stays in June, July, August, or September: February 1
Note that the intellectual life of the center is significantly quieter in July and August. We will still accept applications for visits during this period, but seminars and talks will be rarer, and our members may be on vacation!
- For stays in October, December, November, or January: June 1
- For stays in February, March, April or May: October 1