Read more here about the mission of the center, its history, and its scope, as well as our position within UCLouvain.
CEFISES is comprised of three faculty members, two emeritus professors, and numerous post-doctoral and doctoral researchers.
The members of CEFISES are involved in a wide variety of current and former research projects, which you can discover here.
- Post-Darwinian Societies Seminar, 2022–2023In collaboration between CEFISES (Charles Pence) and the Chaire Hoover d’éthique économique et sociale (Gregory Ponthière), we’re continuing last year’s series of talks on the theme of Post-Darwinian Societies. The goal of the Post-Darwinian Societies Seminar is to bring together researchers from various disciplines – including, but not limited to, philosophy, social sciences, economics, history… Continue reading Post-Darwinian Societies Seminar, 2022–2023
- CFP: ExLog 2022The ExLog conference, hosted by the research group of Peter Verdée, will be taking place again this year from 12–14 July, 2022. Check out more information, including the list of invited speakers and the call for papers, on the conference website here!
- Post-Darwinian Societies SeminarIn collaboration between CEFISES (Charles Pence) and the Chaire Hoover d’éthique économique et sociale (Gregory Ponthière), we are proud to announce a new series of talks that will take place over the spring of 2022 (and potentially launch a collaboration that continues even further into the future!) on the theme of Post-Darwinian Societies. The goal… Continue reading Post-Darwinian Societies Seminar
- Recent talks on YouTubeMore and more CEFISES seminars are beginning to appear on YouTube! You can find them, usually a few days after the fact, on this YouTube playlist. We are also streaming as many as we can on YouTube Live at the time of the talks – you can ask questions in the chat in real time!
- Hello, world!Welcome to the new website for UCLouvain’s Center for the Philosophy of Science and Society, or CEFISES. We’re still working hard to get everything online here, so pardon our dust for the next few weeks while we get up and running!
Keep in Touch
With more and more of our events taking place either online or in a hybrid in-person/online format, you can see a number of recent talks and conference presentations (both given by center members and at CEFISES) on our YouTube channel. Like, comment, and subscribe!
You can follow updates from CEFISES both on Twitter @cefises and on Facebook via the page for the Institut supérieur de philosophie at UCLouvain.